View Single Post
Old 09.08.2010, 06:29 AM   #2310
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Anyway, while waiting for movies to download and burn, I've been playing this again

I remember how much this game blew my fucking mind 3 years ago. Now? Not so much. Oh, it's still a cool game, but Leon's aiming feels shakey at and unresponsive, at times they throw way too many enemies at you (which are all idiots, but one attack by them will kill you or get you close it) and not enough ammo -- UNTIL LATER, when the game becomes so easy it's broken. The final boss can be beaten with your fucking knife in like 30 seconds, what a joke. I remember this game being hailed for being the "only game with a buddy mechanic that wasn't annoying." Eh, I didn't really like protecting Ashley for nearly the whole game. Just seemed like a way to artificially lengthen, or "deepen", the play experience... it was usually quite easy, I think she only got nabbed one time, but it was still kinda annoying when 65% of the game, you have to worry about her. As far as the only game with a buddy mechanic that isn't annoying -- ICO came 4 years early, and is 40000x better, and nearly the entire game has a "buddy mechanic". In fact, ICO is by far the best game of last-gen, bar none. Maybe Disgaea comes close.

Anyway, RE4 is a classic game, though. No tank controls! It's fun and it's a nice experience, the atmosphere on the early wooded levels is probably the best ever, and the cheesy ass story is ... cheesy ass. Great game!

I think I will play this later, though:

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|