View Single Post
Old 07.17.2014, 08:28 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
They were awful and forgettable when I saw them. Goes to show what being "connected" can do for a bland and inoffensive band.
Not even very "dreamy" to my ears; I certainly heard little of the supposed Siouxsie influence. They sounded super 90s to me, and not in a good way. Like Luscious Jackson with flangers.
Naked emperor crap.

Who Warpaint? That is what sucks the most because in 2009 they were something epic hence why they were my main motivation in make this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
It's true though that the first two tracks are so good they stand out a bit too much compared to the other - quieter - tracks.

I didn't totally NOT like this record, its just that those first two tracks reflect what I've liked most about Warpaint, and indeed, what I like most I REALLY REALLY dig. I just have come to realize (a) I don't really like their studio records and (b) I really just like what they were doing live in 2009 and I'm ok with that

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|