View Single Post
Old 07.17.2009, 06:29 AM   #111
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
because fans are supposed to think about these things. fans that love everything tend to be quite lame. < well, almost always.

and any band thats been goin' on 30 years (almost) is certainly going to have a worst...finding out if theres a general "worst song" accepted by most fans may be interesting. im pretty sure rather ripped will go down in history as being the worst album...i could be wrong....

according to this poll..."other" is their worst song. heheh

Yeah, but my point is, for a great band, it's quite possible to like most everything, and have a few songs that don't excite one particularly and possibly a few that annoy for some reason. Why even spend the time thinking about those songs? For me with Sonic Youth it's likely to be their most boring moments (which are for me, few and far between). I'm sure there's some song on EJT&NS that I hardly even remember that is light years from my favorite moments. I'm sure that's also true for Led Zeppelin of portions of Presence and In Through the Out Door.

It just seems like a waste of brain cells to think about. A thread like this, for me, reads just as an opportunity for people to prove they are critical thinkers because they don't love everything by a band that inspires worship. Cool enough, but you (and I don't mean you) don't have to prove it to me at least.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|