View Single Post
Old 06.23.2013, 10:09 AM   #3
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
The first time I heard Sonic Youth was around 1995 when I found Experimental Jet Set Trash And No Star from my friend's record collection. I had heart about band and it made me curious. There was some parts I liked but the noisy stuff sounded too weird and I didn't like it. Something happened in my head though, 'cause Sonic Youth stayed in my mind and in fall 1998 when I moved to another city, I found Daydream Nation from library and that album blew my mind. Library's cd was in so bad condition I couldn't listen to whole album (Silver Rocket, Candle, Total Trash & Eric's Trip did not work well) but those songs I was able to listen to, were awesome! 'Cross the Breeze sounded the greatest song I had ever heard and The Wonder, what a song! I noticed the dissonance and it sounded weird, but I kinda liked it. I got addicted those strangely tuned guitars and after few years I had to find a different tune for my own guitar too (and re-learn to play it again). Sonic Youth is a perfect mix of punk attitude, avantgarde/jazz aestethics, poetry in lyrics and progressive songwriting.
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|