View Single Post
Old 02.11.2009, 06:25 PM   #33
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK
Why no love for Magical Mystery Tour?

That's always been my favourite. Basically, it's got most of their best songs on: Blue Jay Way, Strawberry Fields Forever, All You Need Is Love, Baby You're A Rich Man. And I think they hit upon their ideal sound: experimental, quirky yet accessible, classic pop songwriting - not going so far into that vaudeville wankery that always put me off Sgt Peppers. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, blah blah, but I don’t understand how anyone can prefer Sgt Peppers to, say, Magical Mystery Tour or Abbey Road – When I’m 64? Fixing A Hole? The title-track? Unless it’s something to do with loving the production – loving the intricacies that I can’t recognise or appreciate – in terms of songs and songwriting, it’s SHIT!*

*quite good but over-rated.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|