View Single Post
Old 04.02.2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
well I just got the deal of the century on ebay. a mint condition (yes, unplayed) of Daydream, Blast First for $49.

a few thoughts:

- unbelievably quiet pressing, there is not a hint of surface noise on this.

- the fidelity is amazing. I'm hearing instrument seperation like never before. the tail-out of "The Sprawl" for example, the way the volumes have been mixed is really making itself apparent now.

- the slapback echo on the Thurston's vocals on "Silver Rocket". and just way the vocals sit in the mix generally. much more 'in' the music as opposed on top of it.

- there's some very weird panning , volume adjusting going on in Kissability. I'll have to check against the cd version

- only bummer: side B is slightly off centre, I'm getting a tiny bit of pitch wow/flutter. I can easily live with it though.

does anyone have both Blast First & Enigma's? how do they compare?
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|