View Single Post
Old 11.25.2016, 10:43 AM   #20044
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
^^ what big story is this?? snowden/nsa?

--

i forgot to mention the other day i rewatched REAR WINDOW

it was great of course, but what i found best about it wasn't the mystery itself-- it was the whole story between grace kelly and jimmy stewart (with commentary + intervention from the nurse) in which context the murder mystery happens-- from their clever banter to the whole "i'll go anywhere" plot-- which was the stuff of comedy, down to the final shot of the movie which says so much and so hilariously about how things turned out. .

so well shot, acted and written... really a perfect movie.

Spotlight is the story of the Boston Globe's investigative news team breaking the pedo-Priest story back in '01/'02. Won Best Picture for 2015.

I saw The Big Short several months ago, and was wondering how any 2015 movie could or should be considered more relevant. But now I get it. I sill think Big Short was a more clever movie, about an even more imprtant issue, but Spotlight was made for Academy gold. Good ensemble piece. No breakout performances (Bale and Carrell in Bug Short were tremendous) but it was the more well-rounded film.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|