Thread: Free Jazz
View Single Post
Old 09.22.2010, 03:15 PM   #66
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ok i meant to post here yesterday but things got busy.

nice to see hevusa did a 180 on the subject. as t&b recommended, go see some jazz live. in dc there's HR57 which is a nonprofit for jazz preservation-- used to be on 14th street, not sure today. they get all kinds of musicians. also, bohemian caverns has jazz but i don't know what's the lineup. a number of places in dc used to have live jazz, especially around the U street area-- you gotta explore and follow a bit, but i even saw live jazz in a pizzeria in takoma park. i used to be in the mailing lists of various musicians when i lived there. DC is a jazz town-- still, it's not going to be that easy to find free jazz, but you might get lucky.

===

so for the rest of you-- wonderful links! will take me a day and a half to explore.

if you're interested in writing reviews/ stories/ news/ profiles/ interviews/ personal anecdotes/ random stuff in a free-jazz related blog please drop me a PM.

of course we don't have any money to pay, but there might be a little bit further down the road, if things pan out (who knows-- it's an experiment). but even if we go broke-- do it for the glory (or simply for the mercenary reason to get links to your website/music project/etc).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|