View Single Post
Old 12.12.2012, 02:05 AM   #123
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I finally picked up the double vinyl, just listening now...probably shouldn't be distracting myself typing about it! But, some quick thoughts I apparently couldn't wait to share...I'm going to blow a well-executed illusion regarding either the sound or the artwork, so don't read if you'd prefer the illusion!

- I finally understand why I couldn't identify what song they're playing on the cover...it's a composite of 2 different photos! S/L/K in one and T in the other. S/L/K probably playing "Nature Scene", T probably playing "I Love Her..". I only noticed because I spotted the tuning written on the back of the guitar next to Kim's leg (GADDCC?? wtf is that?), then saw the exact same guitar next to Thurston. They even edited out the "SONIK LOVE" in tape on the front of the amp (compare on either side of Kim). It looks quite good, but I still had to blow the illusion to justify my confusion. This thread already established photo editing!

- I think it's cool they used pics from 08/27/85 as well, and would love to see even more! The audio of that show is amazing (w/ Lee singing Kat n Hat!).

- I also understand why I was confused about the source of this show - the alternate source mentioned in Aaron's notes is the one I was thinking of, so it would seem the 4-track source has never circulated(?), which is very cool.

- "I Love Her All The Time" extra vocal...huh. It just makes me curious to find out if any other manipulation (audio or visual!) was done on this release. Not for any nefarious purpose, just because I'm a big fucking nerd.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|