View Single Post
Old 03.20.2013, 02:07 AM   #18
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think LCD is a legitimate choice for the bottom end of a list like this. More culturally than musically influential, but still, I have a feeling that name is going to be remembered for a long time. Their music was, at its best, brilliant, and at its worst, still better than most. Plus, the guy struggled in NYC for a decade before having his first hit, and three albums later he was selling out Madison square garden, bringing the basement to the arena. I've no beef with James Murphy.

And I think it's safe to say Arcade Fire has also earned their stripes. Even if you hate them, you probably love at least one song so much it makes your teenage heart break. Again, no beef. They've done fine, and they've helped make "rock" and alternative at least a little bit more classy and intelligent than it was.

Not that I like Mumford and sons.

LOL. Pitchfork journalist wannabe.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|