View Single Post
Old 09.01.2006, 07:24 AM   #163
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
i have a question:

do chavs refer to themselves as "chavs" or identify themselves with the word? (do they have some sort of "pride" in being / acting like what other people recognise as a chav?)

I was just thinking about this because the wikipedia definition of “racaille” mentions the word “chav” (although I don’t think the two are that similar), and in france, the word “racaille / caillera” is commonly used among those who are likely to be considered as racailles by others... in fact, those can often boast about being a racaille, although they might not accept being called a racaille by a non-racaille (to simplify things)… this word is sensitive anyway, because it can have so many meanings / connotations and can be really disdainful… it is also sometimes used to stigmatise young people from the “banlieues”. then again, I have not been living in france for some time, so the connotations associated with the word might have changed in the meantime…

Also are there only white chavs?
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|