View Single Post
Old 08.07.2015, 12:23 AM   #47138
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I've always wanted to know more about the Nitty Grtty Dirt Band? what albums do you like? their name gives off an Allman Bros mixed with Charlie Daniels feel.

do tell, because I love the Allman Brothers.
Well, I think Nitty Gritty is little bit different than Allman Bros. They much more into country and not at all in southern rock (well they made version Buddy Holly´s Rave On, so they have some rock stuff also). I think you should start in Uncle Charlie and his Dog Teddy. It was my first album and I think it´s still the greatest I´ve heard. First album, Ricochet, Rare Junk & Dream are also really good. Didn´t yet heard them all, soon going to listen their first "Will the Circle be Unbroken 3lp". I think you should stay way their "The Dirt Band"-stuff, also their eighties Nitty Gritty-albums. They´re much more mediocre than seventies albums. Haven´t heard any of after "Plain Dirt Fashion"-albums.

Really also love first allman Brother, Idlewild south, at Fillmore east & Eat a Peach.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|