View Single Post
Old 05.24.2012, 12:05 PM   #15718
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
uh, I guess... but a superhero movie doesn't really have to be a comedy either. Nolan's entire approach is very original, and takes those "cartoon characters" and portrays them as if they were in our world. I believe that while Avengers is a pretty fun movie, The Batman stuff has entertained me in more ways than just corny one liners and fast paced action. I think it'll tell a much better story and from the looks of it, this one is going to have a very compelling atmosphere too. I've noticed that Nolan has really given all three of his trilogy a different mood. Just watch the first two and see how different they both look. I think this one will be what I've been looking for... but I'm kind of overrating it myself since I haven't even seen it! but yeah... all due respect to joss whedon (cabin in the woods really was great), but in this category, he just doesn't stand a chance against Christopher Nolan.

I agree about Scarlett btw

yeah it doesn't need to be a comedy but with certain subjects (e.g., grown men wearing capes) it's sometimes good to keep a twinkle in the eye and not go all-method. which reminds me how much more fun it is to watch RDJ than hearing douchebaggy christian bale scream at the crew.

this also relates to another trailer i saw yesterday, and that was spiderman's-- i'm glad sad-looking tobey maguire is no longer playing peter parker. the new one seems to be more fun.

anyway, CORNY ONE-LINERS? no you didn't. but it's okay. from what i could tell from the trailer, it's catwoman's job to deliver them in the new batman.

re: nolan's batman, i really, REALLY liked the first one of the trilogy. it totally blew my mind. reason was that i went there expecting nothing and i got a great fucking plot and characters and all. so it was a great surprise. dark night was overhyped cuz it featured a dead man walking, and it relied a lot on "cheesy effects" (my answer to "corny one-liners" lol), and so while it was alright, it let me down a little, and it felt it was more stereotyped compared to the first one.

i'm going to watch the next batman of course and i hope it's good but i'm not willing to praise it or declare winners until i watch the whole of it myself.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|