View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 07:54 PM   #1
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure there was a thread about this on the old board, but does anyone know why Thurston and Kim always use the exact same guitar for noise improv shows? It's covered in stickers with the most prominent being one that says "School's Open" or something on it. I've seen Thurston play about a dozen times and he always uses this one. Is his favorite? Is it extra sturdy? Is it the one tuning he prefers to improv with? The most versatitle? The only one he knows how to do noise improv with, haha? Kim uses it as well, whenever she plays with Jim and Ikue Mori. So, what's up with this guitar? I really get the feeling it would be a fresh experience to see Thurston use some more of his arsenal at his improv shows, like when he did a couple mirror/dash dates using an acoustic.

top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|