View Single Post
Old 08.29.2011, 12:28 PM   #50
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
I have been/am a disciplined student. So are my friends. Most of them were studying "humanities" or "cultural sciences" (communications sciences, sociology, dramatics). None of them would have the job they have now without having the degree.

I got my current job without a single contact and the only two reasons I got it are a) my law degree und b) my job interview. I'm a juristic editor (?), a law degree was a requirement. Same goes for my good friend, who is a clinic psychologist. I think it's clear that it depends on the job you have. Altough I concur contacts are essential, if you want to climb the ladder of success and go for a job with more responsibility and cash for example. When I think about it, networking isn't a bad thing - never too late to start.

If you're studying historic nordic, you are well advised to realize that the demand is pretty low and you'd have to outstand in one respect or another to actually be able to survive in the historic nordic job market. But I'm glad you can study it. Also if it's "just for fun".
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|