View Single Post
Old 05.04.2011, 06:50 AM   #26533
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
it's an ongoing debate.
every sector of the society likes to focus on smoke and alcohol but it upsets me that there is no regulation forcing anybody to show me in a box of cookies "this contains this, this and that which can be really bad for you".
about milk, i'm lactose intolerant so it is always bad for me. doctors tend to not recommend it to sick people, especially with infections. They claim it could be because all of the added hormones they give to animals, the cancer thing.

my head is big, so there's a lot of space.
In the UK there are quite strict controls about listing what ingredients foods contain. Although food companies will always do their best to avoid this kind of regulation.

Although the body that monitors companies that produce food (Food Standards Agency) is one of the "quangoes" that the Tories want to abolish.

And also food has benefits - for one thing it keeps us alive. And as far as things like sugar are concerned, they are also beneficial to us if consumed in the right quantities. Tobacco is nothing but harmful. There is no "safe" amount of tobacco that we can use because the harm is accumalative.

And furthermore, if somebody stands outside a shopping centre munching on a Greggs sausage roll they are not going to do any harm to me or my children.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|