View Single Post
Old 05.08.2013, 07:49 AM   #88
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad_023
I am really dubious about that band. Everything about them seems so carefully constructed by their PR team. The slot at David Lynch's club, the massive feature on them on Pitchfork, playing Jools Holland without having released an album, they clearly have some friends in pretty high places. From what I have heard they don't seem to be any better than your standard run of the mill post punk band.

i've seen them live 3 times: OFF festival (poland), Into the Great Wide Open (NL) and EKKO, Utrecht (NL). On all occasions is must say the blew me away. Not that it has not been done before, but they are just really overwhelming live. Try to see them if you have the opportunity.
About their PR: I sense that is not just the PR team but themselves aswell. I have driven them around at the Into The Great Wide Open festival and was impressed by the way they focus on their performance/music.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|