View Single Post
Old 08.02.2011, 10:16 AM   #1068
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
eh, enough rants. if i were to guess about future coaches maybe it will be bradley II-- he's got the coaching genes and he plays in germany so he's getting the experience his old man lacks. and he's good too! no superstar but pretty fucking decent. so maybe there. or some of the other internationals-- there are tons who are too good to play in the shitty MLS and its ridiculous draft system. but it's the federation officials who need to eat a bag of dicks--maybe we can import some officials. ha ha, here i go again. ok. rant over. interview w/ klinsmann here: http://www.ussoccer.com/

Re Bradley II, that makes perfect sense. As I said, I think Klinsmann is good for the US game but it has to be a temporary measure. The worst thing that could happen wouild be that he brings a level of success and that consequently the US FA (or whatever it's called) start to apply the logic so rife in the MLS that it will only survive by importing established foreign names. It didn't work in the 70s with the NY Cosmos just as it isn't working now with LA Galaxy. For that to change, though, I suppose the MLS (besides rethinking its recruiting policy) will need a much greater foothold within its national media which currently - from what I can gather - gives more coverage to college football (gridiron) than it does the MLS. It'd be naive of anyone to think that football/soccer in the US could ever be as integral to its national culture as it is in countries like England or Brazil or Italy or Spain but for a country the size of the US and as sports obssessed as it obviously is, it could certainly do more to promote the game domestically than it appears to have done so far. Unless it's just the case that the average American sports fan simply isn't particularly interested in football (of the round ball variety).
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|