View Single Post
Old 05.15.2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The Butthole Surfers are the kings of the LSD freakout noise machine music.
I love them so much.
SO MUCH.

I first saw their albums at sound exchange in houston, when I was in high school,a nd the album covers scared me. there is no way to tell what they will sound like from teh covers,a dn they freaked me out pretty bad, just general weirdness. well, after I was 18 and had tried the L...l...l..l...S...s..s...s...D....d...d....d.. my friend Barnaby had a collection of great butthole stuff and he made me a 90 minute mix taope of the best of the butthoile surfers and me and my instigaotr crew would play that tape over and over and over after taking acid. I bought all their albums, I love them. They rock, they frealk you out,a nd yes, they have some of the most dementedly beautiful songs.

To start off on butthole surfer treks, I would suggest, if you come from a more "rock" background in your music tatses, to get PSYCHIC POWERLESS ANOTHER MAN'S SAC, and then HAIRWAY TO STEVEN. Those two are classic and psychic... has my all time fave rocking butthole song, MEXICAN CARAVAN.
hairway has just great great fucking insane songs. people get disturbed, people with weak constitutions are altered.

If you like the noisy freakout end of the musical spectrum, begin with REMBRANDT PUSSYHORSE, or LOCUST ABORTION TECHNICIANS
great fucking records too.

I love all their albums except for PIOUGHED, which was a let down, and the latest one, WEIRD REVOLUTION, which I hated.