View Single Post
Old 05.02.2007, 06:06 AM   #14
Dues
little trouble girl

Dues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to all
True, there is no right or wrong in the choices you make, be they one or the other. But ethics do apply to the way you treat those dear to you. Take responsability for your actions when it comes to matters of the heart, because they're hard enough as it is (as they are beautiful). Piece of future advice: think before you get yourself in those situations you're not capable of handling.

- - -
edit: I just read a passage in an interview and I found it quite applicable to what I was saying. The interviewer asks the interviewee (W. Herzog) what philosophical insights he would like to pass on to the world:

"I can answer your question only by quoting hotel mogul Conrad Hilton, who was once asked what he would like to pass on to posterity. 'Whenever you take a shower, always make sure the curtain is inside the tub,' he said. So I sit here and recommend to people the same. Never ever forget the shower curtain."

The true test, after all, is to be like everyone else. Once that happens, he no longer has to question his singularity. He is free—not only of others, but of himself.

Dues is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|