View Single Post
Old 12.06.2008, 07:27 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Anyone who'd pay these kinds of prices for this stuff should have their punk records confiscated from them.

I'm sorry, SuchFriends, but how can you defend this? The people bidding at Christie's are the kind of people who denounced punk when it first appeared. Now it's part of the history of rock music, so it's "OK" for the targets of punk to appreciate it. To me, the very concept of memorabilia runs counter to the punk aesthetic.

Much as I might sometimes long for the past to be the present again, I understand the world moves on. I love the Sex Pistols, but I'm not gonna be sporting Seditionaries clothing or putting safety pins though my nose, because I wasn't there. The music may still have meaning and impact, but the scene itself is dead. I'm more interested in creating a scene of my own than trying to relive someone else's.

did you realize that was not my post, but Carrie Brownstein's blog? Though I was at this aint no picnic and that was why I posted this sonic reference..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|