View Single Post
Old 06.23.2017, 11:09 AM   #606
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
BIG FISH THEORY is pretty incredible.

Possibly on par with "DAMN.", not even exaggerating.

I just purchased my CD version and am downloading the free Amazon auto rip MP3s right now. I haven't heard it yet, but I'm pretty excited.

I don't think, based on the singles, that it will be on the same level as DAMN, but that's pretty much what I expected. I've actually cooled off a bit on DAMN at this point. No longer listening to it every day. But I know goddamn well that it's a stone-cold stunner (with a few weak moments... for instance "Loyalty" basically sucks). I just need to give it time and not overdo it.
I still get the I got-I got-I got..." but stuck in my head a lot, and as soon as it plays in my brain, I want to hear "DNA" in full. DAMN is really a great album, and I think its best moment represent the absolute best of what mainstream rap music has to offer. (I'm not saying it's MBDTF or Yeezus or TLOP-level, but it, and Kendrick in general, is the next best thing.)

ANYWAY, I think Vince is still growing, and I think he's one of the few active artists in rap who is at or near Kendrick's level as a rapper and as a presence. I think this album will probably explode (from what I've heard so far, it's pretty goddamn poppy), and I think it will likely turn Vince into a true household name. He'll probably foil the world with a follow-up that sounds nothing like it, and if he does that successfully, that's when he'll be on Kendrick's level.

Right now I'm just excited to listen to this thing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|