View Single Post
Old 08.15.2010, 07:36 AM   #5362
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
Yeah, I've just been obsessed with PSF lately, I bought 12 CDs last month, and then found out about a sale they're having for their 25th anniversary so I just had to get more.
Kousokuya are probably my second favourite PSF band (after Shizuka). They get compared to Fushitsusha a lot (and Jutok Kaneko with Haino), but they don't really sound that similar. You should definitely get their first album. Che-SHIZU I don't really know anything about, I haven't even youtubed them (I just needed something to make up the 14) but as you said, because it's PSF it'll definitely be worth listening to.
I'll now have more than 30 PSF titles, but all of them will be psych rock, I haven't even begun to look into the folk and jazz stuff yet.

Wow, I really wish I didn't know about that sale now, because I really can't afford it, and knowing it's there is almost physically painful haha. They're a total wonder as a label. The folk stuff I don't know very much at all, but I've got a handful of their free jazz releases that utterly kick my ass. I especially recommend Kaoru Abe - 'Winter 1972' and Masayuki Takayanagi's New Direction Unit - 'Call In Question'. Will definitely check out Kousokuya with that recommendation (I love Shizuka), once I actually have any money to do so (grumble).
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|