Thread: Free Jazz
View Single Post
Old 09.21.2010, 12:28 AM   #30
Adult-Daypass
little trouble girl

Adult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's assesAdult-Daypass kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
I remember downloading a live coltrane album (live in Japan maybe?) that just too much for me. One of the songs was an hour long. I listened to it just to see if I could.

I agree that that recording is pretty out, but it's amazing to think how far he had come since the first recording of My Favorite things.

In my opinion music in its purest form is free. Free expression, free of any restrictions or rules. When jazz players are free they're on another wavelength all together. The things that come out of free improvisation go beyond words. In one song you can experience polar opposites in harmony and mood, and to think that it's completely improvised blows my mind.

Check out Miles Davis "Isle of Wright" Concert recording. The lineup is incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTM6blPbUQ

Some of what I consider the best music ever is free, and I think every one should play free as often as possible. The possibilities are endless and
its fun as hell anyways.
Adult-Daypass is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|