View Single Post
Old 06.18.2012, 04:18 PM   #1574
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Did Van Marwijk have a plan, or was it all just a big improvisation?
Because it looked like there was no strategy.
It was even more sickening as what they did during the World Cup final.

I read about egos (Robben suggested something along those lines) (Huntelaar's black eye? he looked all the more fed up) (didn't care to track back when he lost the ball - which meant he had it once during the second half on the right flank...).

In 2002, France collapsed. They had won the World cup and the following Euro, had three of the best strikers of the times, but couldn't score once.
Yet, the French could tell themselves most of it was due to Pires' injury preventing him to be there as the creative midfielder he was, and to Zidane's in the last friendly against China.

There's not even that with Netherlands.
No bus strike either.
This is so disappointing.
The sad faces of Van M. and Cocu (poor Philip).

[I typed that while pokkeherrie was posting - it wasn't meant to be that more salt on the wounds]

Yeah, as far as collapses go it was very unspectacular. But what's the story with Huntelaar's black eye?

I still think a moment of individual quality could've seen them through at least to the quarter finals (still a big comedown considering they were a lot of people's favourites) but their problem definitely seemed to be a total lack of any kind of connection within the team. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but they definitely didn't look like a 'team'. So to speak. I think the big question is why Holland are so prone to this kind of in-fighting. Even when things are going well they seem constantly on the verge of some kind of falling out.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|