View Single Post
Old 03.24.2016, 06:27 PM   #55
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
BTW, the premise of Watchmen is NOT about a godlike being and what he would do to society. It was, Who watches those who are designated or self-designated as our Watchmen? That comic is the best damn thing and I hate how, once a book is converted into cheap fluff film (comparatively speaking) every talking head idiot takes the films to be the TRUE iteration of the story. I HATE THAT SHIT!!!!!!

The film was fucking awful.

I agree that it's not about a godlike being. Not sure what the author was going for there. But it is about accountability to some extent, and the dangers of personal agendas of "good." The Comedian is a hero and a fucking monster. So is Rorschach, even though his character is the moral compass of the story.

That movie was an abomination of a comic that is frankly overrated. What nobody realizes about the book is that it's really NOT A SUPERHERO STORY ... Like... At all! It's a moral quandary in comic book form, that just happens to feature costume wearing characters. But as far as actual writing and story are concerned, I've always preferred V for Vendetta. The movie was way better than the Watchmen movie too.

Jesus... That sex scene set to Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Yuck.

I was gonna go apeshit if Man of Steel resembled that piece of smut filth. Thank god it didn't, but it had Chris Nolan as a producer, so... This time around it's all Zach Snyder, and I'm ready for anything.

I'm not eager to find out why "Superman tub sex" is a thing now. (cringe)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|