View Single Post
Old 02.08.2011, 10:02 AM   #230
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
I'm happy to donate a track, in fact I've already sent it to Glice.
What I'm not happy about is someone who doesn't know me or my music doing some half assed 'mastering' job which could fuck the track up completely.
Everything about the track I've sent is EXACTLY the way I want it to be, and that's the way I want it to stay.
As for the bright idea of the artists not only donating their work to this venture, but bearing all the costs of production as well? Not gonna happen.

Cheers for this. I fundamentally want to respect the wishes of the artists; I'm not averse to mastering if necessary, but you've said none on your track, so there will be none on your track. Other people perhaps don't have Florya's assiduity with regards recording... but myself or Marras will chase up that kind of thing closer to production time.

Regarding collective costs - we'll have to discuss that later. I agree with Florya's point about donating tracks as well as paying being unfair; unfortunately, there's no-one involved who's not also putting in tracks. However, it's not like production costs need to be super-expensive. But we'll come to this point later.

For now, if everyone who's intending getting a track in could do so, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Derek - I don't want to say an absolute 'no' to Mastering, except in the case of Florya, who's made his feelings utterly clear on the matter, and fair play to him for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|