View Single Post
Old 03.21.2017, 01:00 PM   #64
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Dino Jr. this past Sunday night at Delmar Hall in St. Louis. Overall it was a pretty good show, but fell short of expectations. I've seen them 8 or 9 times over the years and this was my 3rd time seeing the original line-up. The first time I saw the original line-up was in Atlanta in 2005 and that is easily one of the greatest shows I have ever seen in my life. This Sunday was marred by a horrible mix (low vocals). Yes, Dino Jr. shows are supposed to be about J's playing and that was easily worth the price of admission, but I also love to hear his droning drawl. It's just so wicked cool. They opened with "Thumb" and you could barely hear J's singing. Next was 'Goin Down' and no improvement. After that song the audience began to shout "Vocals!"..."Vocals!" to which King Priss Lou Barlow said, "Hey, if you want to hear vocals move away from the wall of amps on the stage." Well, I was two-thirds of the way to the back of the room and the mix sucked there too. The sound was bad enough, but it was something about Barlow's manufactured indie-rock pose that soured things for me. I'm glad I went, but I've seen/heard them play MUCH, MUCH better. Bad mix and bad overall chemistry with the crowd.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|