View Single Post
Old 09.05.2013, 04:49 PM   #41
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
Seems that interviewers get too intimidated to ask Kim good questions. That, or every interviewer is a dunderhead.

After a couple more run-throughs, "Last Mistress" is the stand-out track. There are some moments on the album that put me in the "A Thousand Leaves" state of mind, which is always a plus.
She does say some naive things though. The comparison between interviews and tweets is crap for instance. I still haven't read an interview where she went off about women making music with the insight I'd expect from someone with her experience, unless her upcoming book is going to prove me wrong. I should try and find a rant by a male internet poster who dismissed her for being superfluous to any feminist discourse and made a brilliant comparison between her and Cosey Fanni Tutti. This is not to say she should add anything to women's experience while making music if she decides not to. I'm just pointing out that as brilliant a musician she is, I don't always get the beef when she articulates it in such a mundane way.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|