View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 05:02 AM   #63
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
and it sounds exactly like naked raygun's soldier's requiem... so, listening to 30 seconds of it makes me want to put jettison on... which is never a bad thing.

While I am not a fan of wavves, this is silly. It's not a unique chord progression for punk rock, that said...the chord progression is the only similarity.

Different melody, different hook, different back up vocals, different drum beat and slower tempo.

Pretty much all rock music until the mid 60s used the same chord progressions, and especially in blues and jazz and etc. (not so much with jazz) but different singers would put their different stamps on it.

The reason I do not like wavves has nothing to do with naked rayguns, infact Im not super impressed with naked rayguns or most chicago music...

wavves just rode the "gutteral trash can mix" hype of the black lips and etc. and write the same song over and over. They have two songs, the fast one and the slow one but nothing ever interesting happens.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|