Thread: Houston
View Single Post
Old 09.03.2017, 04:02 AM   #12
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Happy to report my family is safe and dry. We had to evacuate rising flood waters about 5am Wednesday morning. It is overwhelming to be standing in your home in knee deep waters. My neighbor entered the neighborhood by boat yesterday and sent me a pic. Water appears to be waist high or higher.

Fortunate to be staying with family in Nederland, Texas......five minutes from my job, about 25 minutes from home. Blessed to have electricity, water and a bed to sleep in. Emotions come in waves. Thankful to be at work, working 12-16 hour shifts for the immediate future. Many who I work with lost everything.

You can feel the vibrations when military cargo planes and helicopters fly overhead. Lines at the few stores who have supplies are down the street, but everyone has remained pleasant.

The punch in the gut will be returning to our home and seeing the damage on the inside......rebuilding will take time, but we will prevail.

glad to hear you're safe Bytor take care!
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|