View Single Post
Old 02.25.2007, 08:45 PM   #9
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Well, obviously Vol. 2 is more of the same in a great way. I second Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy as an essential record too, though I wouldn't say they sound the same. Heliocentric is definitely of a free jazz influenced school while Cosmic Tones is totally it's own school of music.

For more stuff along the lines of Heliocentric Worlds, I'd say check out any of the ESP records. In particular Concert for the Comet Kohoutek is incredible. Also Nothing Is, and Somewhere Else are two more great ones. Evidence did a great double cd of the "Lost Albums" too Cymbals and Crystal Spears.

My all time favorite Ra album is Atlantis, but like Cosmic Tones, this record has no real peers, it's like a wholly original music statement.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|