View Single Post
Old 10.17.2020, 03:04 PM   #53987
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Have you listened to the albums he made with Kath Bloom in the first half of the '80s? That's some of the most brutal music I can think of. Kath's voice doesn't suggest heartbreak, it is heartbreak; lyrically there's not exactly much in the way of metaphors, as for the most part things are directly laid out; and Connors' role is mainly to provide trebly acoustic stabs. Described like that it sounds like a recipe for awful overemo shit, I know, but it most certainly isn't - it's pure human feelings set to wax, and it can freakin' hurt. Not for everyday listening, yes for a beautiful/painful experience.

https://kathbloomlorenconnors.bandcamp.com/

In fact I haven't. But it sounds intriguing. I'm in the right state of mind for something like that from time to time. Some good emotional heft, if tastefully and genuinely delivered, is absolutely priceless. Thanks.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|