View Single Post
Old 03.22.2007, 06:42 PM   #50
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
the medium itself should be considered part of the art.

Spacemen3 (and the gang) have some nice colored vinyl. I especially like the marbled! I have a 12" by Spectrum that is clear yellow with a clear jacket and together they make a pretty trippy design.

I have a De La Soul record that isn't really in a nice jacket, but it tracks 2 different songs on one side depending upon where you set down the needle...that messed with me pretty bad back in the day.

the most gimmicky cd that I have has to be the Flaming Lips - This Here Giraffe which is shaped like an 8 pointed star and labeled as the "world's first shaped cd". it's just the album track with 2 peel session tracks, but it's been a nice collector's item.

I also have a Jesus & Mary Chain cd single for Far Gone and Out that's holographic on top. it looks cool when you spin it.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|