View Single Post
Old 04.30.2013, 06:27 PM   #44263
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

I came across this yesterday, new. Plastic wrap and all, while I was bugging the local vinyl guy about his failure to obtain a single freaking copy of the Body/Head LP since I first ordered it last goddamn year. He was making excuses for his ineptitude when I randomly said "got any Mars? Long shot, but I can't find anything anywhere and I'm trying to replace some lost music."

After a brief, awkward moment when he asked, "which Mars? Noise Mars? Or Mars Volta or something?"
To which I replied "ahh... Kinda 'noise' Mars, but..."
("Punk Mars though, right?")
"Well, I've no idea how many bands are called Mars, but if there are any others, they need a history lesson. I'm looking for NYC no-wave Mars. So kinda noise, kinda punk, and kinda Television. The 'Mars 78' Mars!"
(Yeah, ok yeah- right on. I'll have it next week!")
*eye roll*
(Dude they've got no distribution and they don't sell so what do you want me to... Wait... Hey, here we go!"

So that was cool as fuck and made my day.
It's on CD but I don't give a fuck. I'm glad I started trolling the small record stores again. It's paid off immensely.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|