View Single Post
Old 07.03.2009, 10:27 AM   #11
nancykitten
children of satan

nancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's asses
In fairness I think more people have heard The Sprawl than Starpower, since Daydream Nation is one of their most popular albums. A casual fan would probably appreciate The Sprawl more.

I don't think it's ever too hard to create a balance though. All you have to do is have all the new songs to promote your new album, mix in one or two surprises for the hardcore fans, and have some all-time classics for the casual fans. That way everyone wins.

I can understand why they don't bust out 20-minute versions of Free City Rhymes (if only), but I'm sure Death to Our Friends wouldn't be that hard to relearn or rehearse, but it would be a huge surprise for us and we'd love it, and its not like casual fans would find it offputting.

nancykitten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|