View Single Post
Old 10.16.2016, 03:06 PM   #19775
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah army of darkness looks bananas-- i'm really looking forward to seeing it

also saw yesterday Mario Bava's THE MASK OF SATAN aka BLACK SUNDAY. it was fucking great! i really enjoyed it. awesome effects, especially for the time. and really enjoyed his cinematography. plus that woman's straaaaange face!

and last, finally saw PIRANHA 3DD. or in my version, just DD, ha ha ha. at the beginning (not the first scene, which was great, but once we get to the water park) it feels like some low-budget tv show from the CW-- but soon it builds up to be awesome and hilarious. i laughed so hard! and got grossed out too but always in a funny way.

also the credits-- fantastic! they were like an extra movie on their own.

i've looked at reviews and ratings for the movie, and it's rated so low i think most critics (professional and self-appointed) are missing the point of it. if it hadn't been for demonrail's recommendation i would have COMPLETELY missed it. thanks!

Last Pirahna movie I saw was the one where the piranhas flew. I don't know where that landed in the chronology, but based on that effect alone I'd say it had "part 3" written all over it. 3 is where folks start to get desperate. Anyone remember RoboCop 3 (it had ninjas.... and I think they flew, but I'm not sure). Or Terminator 3? Holy moly what a stinkeroo.

Rocky III... Superman III... Jaws 3... the list goes on.

Is this new Piranha nice a reboot? A continuation? A sequel to a reboot?

Oh, Hellraiser 3! That might be the worst of the worst man. First two are iconic. Third one had grunge bands and a hell monster that shot CD's at people. Yup.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|