View Single Post
Old 10.16.2016, 09:29 AM   #19771
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i've only seen 3 eps! more next week

--

so finally watched EVIL DEAD 2 and found it HILARIOUS! it was supercampy. like, the first one was low budget but wanted to be scary. this second one is extremely imaginative and ingenious and clever but it's also totally ridiculous.

i really like bruce campbell-- i first became familiar with him in burn notice (i know, i'm decades behind) and it's like--- haaa haaa haaa look at chuck finley! his acting here was so bad it was good. he's by himself for 1/2 the movie at least, gesticulating.

can't wait to see ARMY OF DARKNESS! and also MY NAME IS BRUCE.

but yeah while the first one scared me at various moments (i even spilled whiskey on myself) the 2nd one was mostly superfunny. i don't think that it's just that i got accustomed to it-- it's really funny.

Yeah Evil Dead 2 is kind of the nexus of doof horror, while the first had more traditional ambitions. Don't get me wrong, the first one is ridiculous too. But it's not nearly as stuffed with campy shot as 2.

For better or worse, they double down on the camp even more for Army of Darkness.

FYI: if you're getting into the Evil Dead... ahem.. mythos.. then I'd like to point out that Starz has a new Bruce Campbell-starring show called Ash Vs. Evil Deadtha apparently serves as a sequel to the trilogy. I haven't seen it, but I want to. I think the second season starts soon.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|