View Single Post
Old 05.09.2007, 01:29 AM   #681
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I'm in the process of getting rid of a lot of the music I own, even the stuff I've liked and may still like (I really don't know, I'm not going to relisten to any of it, I'd rather just do away with it all), on the grounds that I suddenly can't stand holding onto things that only encourage solitary activity (like music-listening and book-reading). I don't need to own any of that stuff, I can get it elsewhere borrowed or stolen. I am also giving away a lot of my clothing that goes beyond the annual purging of my closet contents. This will probably all culminate in me joining a convent or something but I really don't want to think about that yet.

Hopefully this isn't an unpopular opinion, but I once came to the conclusion that Jim Carroll's song "People Who Died" is the worst song ever written, and I still stand by that.

Phil Collins has crafted some of the finest tunes I've heard.

I think shorts look bad on just about everyone, and I hate wearing them. Nothing to do with music, just a complaint I feel is worth mentioning.

Michael Jackson did not molest any of those children and I'm glad that he was cleared on all charges of abuse.

In response to being asked who his favorite band was, my brother once said, "I hate music. It's annoying." I agree with that statement more often than not, and will one day probably agree with it completely. Do note that this brother of mine is the single most interesting person I know because he can find loads of other stuff to talk about that has absolutely nothing to do with music, thank god.

I rarely listen to music in places other than my car. Which means that on average I listen to about 40 minutes (or less) of music per day, and that is it. I can't remember the last time I played music on the weekend and actually paid attention to what I was listening to.

I sort of get excited whenever there is a concert happening nearby that I think I might be interested in, and so I make plans to go, but then as the date nears, I quit being excited about it and begin to dread going, because I know it's going to be crap, but I end up going anyway because usually I've invited a friend of mine who probably really is excited to see this concert, and when we get there the whole thing is complete crap. And even in the rare cases where it was actually worthwhile or even impressive, there is still a 95% chance that I will never feel the urge to listen to that music on my own time ever again. Right now it would take a lot of persuading to get me to go to a concert.

I am okay with the fact that a significant number of people on here think that I enjoy two kinds of music: Nick Cave and hair metal. I am really accomplished at avoiding all other kinds of musical discussion on this board, as it is often boring as hell (the discussion, not necessarily the music).

I don't like hearing about Sonic Youth on this board. That is what the two Sonic Youth sections are for, and that is why I rarely visit them. The other two, better sections should be kept Sonic-free.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|