View Single Post
Old 09.28.2013, 11:21 PM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
cool. i'll check those other projects out too.

Palms

Team Sleep circa 2001 pay close attention to the drum work after 5:18.. fuck! THAT is the sound I love most in guitar oriented music. A dronish, shoegazy, but more metal drum work, faster, edgier than shoe gaze. Shoe gaze is the more stoned version of the fiercest metal. I like shoegaze, but I love it heavier. Earth's first record just blows me away. Ambient distortion with good drum work is priceless. THAT is what this Palms project has. THAT is what White Pony was,.. Fuck. 2001 was one of my all time favorite years ever for music..

Crosses Is This A Trick

back to Steve Albini engineered records..

Personally, its my bias but I think Shannon Wright Over the Sun is his best recording ever, because it so perfectly captured the uniqueness that was Shannon Wright live between 2001-2003. ONLY Steve Albini could have pulled of this record in such a way, its a subtle, noisy, dynamic record. It begged for him, and I think its why they both were excited about. Around the time, Steve sounded almost flirty about it, I dare say he may have been smitten on the girl.. He also recorded part of her Dyed in the Wool record, which is entirely different kind of record, but is one of the finest records ever as well...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|