Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 06.29.2008, 01:18 AM   #1219
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
the loop station? there are 2 different models one is a standard compact boss size that is newer don't know much about it but i'd guess that it would be kinda a bitch to work with as i would imagine its one of those press and hold to record types... the other older model is the more expensive i think and has two foot switches one to record the other to loop? seems abit more user friendly around here its about $250 US the newer compact version is around $160? don't know exactly the amount of record time but i think its pretty long...

as far as loopers/samplers my fav also include delay effects like the Digitech PDSs... i had an echo plus pds 8000 before it started to die fizz out and i sold it on ebay because it was too costly to fix the hard to find chips and caps. but what a great unit! 8 seconds of delay and sampling capability and the nice warm-like sound of an analog delay, these units are rare and no longer made and are pretty pricey these days. I currently have the PDS 1002 2 second delay/sampler as i mentioned previously which i've had for years and is pretty awesome though the output volume on the sample when using a hotter input signal (usually a distortion) sounds quieter than input distion signal and just running clean through it, yields equal volume as the input signal but its something i can still work with.

i just bought a used Boss DSD-3 digital sampler/delay, which is ok and not too difficult to use but also not really that user friendly in versatility. these are obsolete units also and were last produced in the late 80's? decent delay time for a unit of its time (50 ms to 800 ms) but the sample is short, 200 to 800 ms. its nice that the sample time can be manipulated though which gives you crazy pitch changes. the delay is nice and not too digital... more analog-esque than the more recent than the DD-x series, the DD-3 which its most similar to except for the sample function where as the dd-3 has a hold. i only wish it had more self-oscillation when the feedback is on full like on alot of analog units. maybe at some point i'll open it to see what kinda mod capabilities it has.
i have a digitech digidelay pedal that has a looper but it only loops a few seconds, so i want a real looper. the boss pedal that i looked at only has one footswitch, but it seemed pretty useful...

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|