View Single Post
Old 12.27.2011, 11:19 PM   #66
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=noisereductions][quote=E. Noisefield]I'm no hip-hop expert,
Quote:

why do you say that?

oh. I see. You're right. You're not a hip hop expert.

No expert, but definitely a fan. I love hip-hop actually, and listen to it more than any genre. But I can't call myself an expert because I haven't put the attention into learning the names of band members, collecting rarities/mixtapes, and cascading my wall with images as I do with my post-punk derived comfort music.

But I fuckin' love hip-hop, and my tastes are pretty varied. Still....

Kanye West is a spectacle. His most recent was his best, and I agree that it was one of the better hip-hop albums of 2010, but his other shit is bogus and he's an ego driven rock star and I'm not into that unless there's irony involved.

Nothing against the guy, I just don't like his music and I think it's boring and lifeless and (gasp) worse than Eminem. Infinite and Slim }Shady at least.

His vids are reminiscent of Michael Jackson. That's kinda cool, but the fact hat it's been done removes the novelty of the idea.

I just don't dig him. There are three basic ways to be a brilliant hip-hop artists: 1) MC skills 2) originality of concepts and presentation 3) Particular relevance to the current time and place 4) super good production.

Kanye's got one of those, and a God complex. Bummer.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|