View Single Post
Old 07.31.2007, 04:20 PM   #1
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Not a common occurrence, but don't you just hate that one song you can't stand in that otherwise flawless album? I know I do.

Replacement's Black Diamond sounds awful to me and I can't pin point it. The "ooh black diamond" sounds like "holy diver" to me and the whole "out of the streets for a living" sounds like the pseudo-tough guy stuff Guns N Roses would write. Otherwise, I love Let It Be.

Whenever I put on Zen Arcade, I expect continuous awesome and then "Monday Will Never Be The Same" comes on and I'm thoroughly confused. We don't need a slow down piano filler.

I would love Isn't Anything if the weird accidentally hip hop "Soft As Snow (But Warm Inside)" wasn't present. And the "wonk wonk" and the "break down" parts are annoying. But I do laugh when he asks Can I touch you there?

"Rape Me" is almost a total study in repetitive lyrics if it weren't for that middle versus which is nice but not enough. But I love the rest of In Utero.

Pixies' "There Goes My Gun" suffers from the same problem without the help of any verses at all. Friend or foe repeated three times... awesome.

"Bubblegum" makes absolutely no sense tacked onto the otherwise dark EVOL with the CD release. In fact putting anything after the ending to Expressway to Yr. Skull should be a crime. This was a leading reason as to why I didn't fully appreciate the album until I got it on vinyl and it's locked loop goodness.

There, it was nice to get those off my chest.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|