View Single Post
Old 01.25.2014, 06:01 AM   #4078
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you're an exception amongst US sports fans but fandom in the UK is much more defined by where you're from - in football, anyway. Even if you move from the area you grew up, most people keep supporting the same team for life. As embarrassing as West Ham are right now or as rich and successful as they might end up becoming, I'll support them either way. I just couldn't conceive of doing anything else.

There's other teams I like, either because of the way they play or something about their history or just some 'vibe' about them but they'll never be 'my team' in the way West Ham are.

The closest I've come was when they first appointed their current manager. I really questioned if I could support them under him. I still managed though, and certainly the idea of supporting another team instead was out of the question.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|