View Single Post
Old 02.12.2014, 12:08 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Recently a popular and very talented college football player came out in the media. He had told his teammates about it years previously, and it is impressive that their lockerroom had such tight camaraderie that nobody felt compelled to leak it. The kid is a top-draft prospective for the NFL next season. Naturally, the sports press has been milking this, and asking NFL players what they thing about an openly gay player in the NFL. Also, the kids dad was even asked about his feelings. A player from the Giants said, "I'm not sure because of my Christian values." The dad said the same thing, "I'm a Christian" and "I'm kind of old-school."

By the way, both the player and the pops wished him well and had no hard feelings, but seriously, Christianity is not a veil for bigotry. Jesus Christ in the Gospels explicitly teaches "love your neighbor as yourself." The Apostle Paul, Peter, James, AND John all wrote that we are not allowed to judge others, its none of our business.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|