View Single Post
Old 01.02.2018, 08:20 PM   #1903
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
He had the qualities to be one of the best but I think the final verdict has to be that he did a very good job with often not that great material. But just as Jodie replaces Pete, so Chibnall replaces Moffat, and an entirely new era begins.

EDIT: Great call on Morpheus, btw.

Thanks! Yeah, that just came to me last night. Think it’s kind of perfect. I also think Neil Gaiman wrote his version of Sandman with a lot of Doctor-esque qualities, because Neil’s such a mad fucking Whovian. So the parts just might be symbiotic by nature. I think Tennant could handle it too. But Capaldi *looks* the part. And has plenty of natural menace in his face.

I was not a fan of his Doctor at first, but he grew on me big time. As a Doctor I just loved him. He gave some of the greatest monologues I’ve ever seen in the series, and he’s one of the better actors to ever try the role. I think his Doctor + the writing of the Tenant era + the production budget and arcs of the Smith era, all combined would make for a near-perfect Doctor.

I’m actually looking forward to the new gal. I just haven’t liked her in anything else. But I trust the franchise. It’s going to be a new era, for sure.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|