View Single Post
Old 06.13.2017, 08:36 PM   #21136
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
The sooner superhero films die a slow death the better.

I'm quite sick of them too, but WW is different. This is a character that should have been one of the first to get a movie, perhaps after only Superman and Batman. Yet, it took 77 freaking years, AND the most superhero-dense cinematic environment in the history of the universe.

I agree, we don't need to see X-Men part 15. We don't need to see Spider-Man ver. 3.1 (though Homecoming does look kinda fun!). We don't need five Avengers movies, or trilogies of every D-list hero in Marvel's canon.

But this is different.

You do yourself a disservice by writing WW off before you see it because of your (very understandable) superhero fatigue. It's sitting at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes. That only happens for the kind of superhero movies that actually qualify as good movies in some way. Deadpool was a good comedy. Logan was a good horror-drama. The Dark Knight is one of the defining fucking cinematic achievements of our time, obviously ( ), and Wonder Woman is a glorious kind of warped fairy tale. The words "Wonder Woman" are never uttered.

It's also timely. The world need a good piece of populist feminist fiction right now. At least, the US does. I'll bet Trump thinks it's "overrated," aka terrifying.
Severian is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|