View Single Post
Old 05.13.2009, 04:14 PM   #37
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I beg you to tell me that this is some sort of joke, with the irony being lost due to it being typed and not said in person.

The thing is, I wouldn't describe myself as a 'hardcore' country fan (I'll leave that to a certain new Country sympathiser who posts here), but if you appreciate Hank, you probably appreciate (not very country) Cash. Dolly Parton has produced more amazing songs than Cash, and written many, many more great songs than Cash (boy named sue and, er...). I'll give you that the 82+ fallout hit Dolly's creativity hard, but she held out against the tide of shit country longer than anyone else I can think of in the old guard.

Another thing - if someone likes something that you don't, they're not being ironic, they're usually being sincere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|