View Single Post
Old 03.29.2006, 02:33 AM   #14
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
hi! to answer some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
when do these have to be done?

the sooner the better, but i prefer a good quality recording in the matter of 3 months than having a track with a bad quality this weekend... take your time, just don't take a year or so.. you will be informed on the status of the release, and according to that you will know that you are in a hurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Can I do something that doesn't even sound like the original?

Of course, i would even prefer to have your own interpretations that are different from the original, and don't try just to copy the same sounds than the original... be creative, dudes! just don't send me U2's vertigo claiming that its a cover of Dirty Boots with altered lyrics and don't send me spice girls claiming that is a cover of teenage roit in some very artistic post-modernistic avantgardisic way

P.S.: If its possible try to keep master tracks (every instrument separately in a special track) just in case that production mastering will be neccessary, becouse i already expect people sending me tracks with very different volume levels and very different recording qualities. it would be really great if we can have all songs in as similar quality as possible, at least in terms of volume and equalizing.

thanks