View Single Post
Old 03.06.2020, 10:49 PM   #11
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
I totally agree. Beginning with the 'Pretty Fucking Dirty Tour' in 1992, I've seen SY a total of 19 times. There was a moment during 'Rain on Tin' at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta [2002] when I felt like SY was at the absolute peak of their powers...as musicians...as players...as performers, etc. Would love to see something from the Murray Street/Sonic Nurse era...

The Chicago 2002 show they release through Nugs is fantastic, but it features ALL FOUR of the Daydream Nation songs in the set on that tour, which kinda loops back to my earlier comment.

The 2004 gig they released is SENSATIONAL.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|